Monday, November 24

A tasty variation of the mug cake!

I tried the mug cake recipe and, while its not as good a boxed cake mix is, it would definitely work in a pinch for that cake craving if you don't have any mix. So, I got to thinking, if you can mix this up and microwave it in a mug, I wonder if an actual cake mix would also work in small portions and microwaved. So I picked up a Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix when I was at the grocery store the other day. I measured out the same amount of tablespoons of the dry mix as is called for in the mug recipe (10 tbsp) and mixed in one egg, 3 tbsp oil and 3 tbsp water (water instead of milk, since the cake mix calls for water due to already having dry milk in the mix). I mixed the batter in a wide cereal bowl instead of a mug and microwaved it for about 3 minutes. IT WORKED! It made a yummy little cake that tasted just like the mix you bake in the oven!! MMMmmmm!!! I'm loving this new little trick!

3 comments:

B.E.Hughes said...

Ooh, you could keep the bag for 'next time' handy where you can eat "whenever!"

Alice said...

mmmmmm, yummy!

~Mary said...

You can also mix up the batter as directed on the box and put 1 cup of batter in a mug at a time and make lots of mini-mug cakes. We've done this before.